We are currently seeking an expert and enthusiastic Bartender to join a small team for the opening of a new ‘Speakeasy’ style late night bar in Hoxton. The Nightjar occupies premises on City Rd adjacent to the Old St roundabout. We are fitting out the premises to an extremely high standard, with a décor themed around the old-school glamour of the art deco era. The venue will play host to live music 3-4 nights a week, as well as DJs at the weekends. Opening hours will be 5pm-1am Sun-Thurs, with a closing time of 3am at the weekend. Beyond the classics, the cocktail list will focus chiefly on vintage recipes and those incorporating house-made bitters, infusions, liqueurs and botanicals. The individual we seek will have the skills, abilities and qualities to aid the owner-operator and his team in making the Nightjar an iconic venue.
The role will include:
* Setting up and closing/cleaning stations.
* preparing garnishes, juices, syrups and other ingredients as well as certain food items.
* Maintaining a strong rapport with guests including education on and recommendation of drinks on and off menu.
* The mixing of a wide variety of drink on and off menu including all the classics and any drink requested by a guest for which ingredients are available.
* Regular training and creativity sessions to devise new drinks, botanicals and other menu items.
* Regular stock-taking and stock control procedures.
* Knowledge and promotion of the Licensing Objectives.
The role carries a reasonable hourly wage with a rising scale based on performance and length of service.
In addition all tips/service charge will be distributed directly to staff on a nightly basis.
* At least 1 year experience of bartending in a high-standard cocktail bar.
* A good knowledge of and genuine and evident passion for quality drinks and mixology.
* An impeccable customer manner and a commitment to excellent service and hospitality
* An interest in expanding your knowledge of drinks, cocktails and hospitality.
* A repertoire of self-created cocktails is preferable.
To apply please send an up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: End September 2010